Injuries have rendered fast bowlers Anrich Nortje and Sisanda Magala unable to participate in the upcoming Men’s World Cup in India. South Africa’s white-ball head coach, Rob Walter, has officially confirmed this, and Andile Phehlukwayo and Lizaad Williams will step in as replacements in the 15-man World Cup squad.
Reason Behind Removal of Nortje
Nortje, known for his rapid pace, underwent scans and examinations after the second ODI against Australia due to multiple complaints of lower-back spasms. Consequently, he has been sidelined due to a suspected lumbar (lower back) stress fracture.
Reason Behind Removal of Magala
Magala, who also suffered an injury while representing the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL, expressed concerns about a knee issue during the recent ODI series against Australia. As a precautionary measure, it has been decided to exclude him from the World Cup squad.
- Virat Kohli, The Legendary Indian Cricketer, Celebrates His 35th Birthday In The Eden Gardens!
- How Versatile Phillips Crushed The Afghans And Maintain 100% Head-Start
- How Dutch Domination Toppled Proteas To Create New History
- How Did Australia And Sri Lanka World Cup’23 Match Go?
- England Faced-off Against Afghanistan In a Thrilling Game For World Cup Pride
- The Highlights Of The Thrilling Ind Vs. Pakistan World Cup Group Stage Match
- Perfect England Meets a Young Bangladeshi Side in a Match of CWC 2023
- Is Virat Kohli Missing Out the World Cup Warm-up Match Against Netherlands?
- Rohit Sacrificed For Team, but Tamim Refused: Shakib
- PM Narendra Modi Cheers Indian Women’s Cricket Team’s Gold Medal Win at Asian Games 2023